FL15 - Day 3

A little lay in and then out looking for breakfast.

Our 4th floor neighbour:


With my pills I need to have food with them in the morning, especially the aspirin that can cause ulcers, so we decided to take a drive out.

I set TomTom for the Walmart on US19. 

Why Walmart?

I don't actually like the ideally of funding Mrs Kroenke's lifestyle but the store does have everything you could ever want and even never need. I wanted Fruit of the Loom underpants. I have a pack I bought last year when my case went AWOL and they are so comfortable. Plus, they don't sell them at home.

With that done along with some drinks and biscuits another $18 went into the register, and we set off for the hotel.

I took a pic of the car. It looks okay from the outside. Inside. Stained and badly cleaned seating.


Then we spotted Wendy's. I've not had a Wendy's burger since 1991. I only had one then as my friend at Burger King in Miami had previously worked for Dave at Wendy's HQ before moving to BK and then south to the Pink Palace in Miami. 

We had the Baconator. Too much to eat! And more than a little greasy...


Once back at the hotel we had a walk to look at the beach. The plan to go there for the afternoon. However the $30 hire fee for an umbrella and chairs put me off!

We returned to the hotel and spent a few hours by the pool reading and taking in the sun as well as a splash about.

So it was gone way past 4pm when we went up to the beach. Two towels and free to sit on the sand! The water was warm and very salty!

Then back to the hotel. I should have had Runkeeper on my phone to record all the walking.

The end wall of the hotel:


After a bit of reading we set off for dinner. Once again to Post Corner. A small problem easily solved was that in a whole restaurant terrace one person wanted to smoke.  The rule in the UK is that if there are no ashtray it means that there is no smoking. We moved tables to get away from it.

A lighter dinner of souvlaki and salad. This being the US the small salad was a meal for three.

Tonight's beer was Shock Top.


A cloudy German weiße beer effort. Better with the oranges submersed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. All that walking will be good for you.

    We too don't like going to Wal-Mart very often but sometimes there are no handy alternatives for what you want.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment