Staycation - Brixham

Today we stayed locally in Brixham. My brother Neill and my niece Eleanor were going to visit.

We were up about 0830, although as usual Reggie had kept us occupied from about 0530. He wakes at dawn and needs to have a comfort break!

Once breakfasted I took Reggie for a short walk on the path behind the house that goes to Berry Head. It doesn't show up on Google Maps.


We got about halfway before turning around. 

The relatives arrived about 1125 and we had a chat and then decided to walk down to Brixham itself. We are about a km to the south on top of the hill.

It was hot and so I wore my new Chinese hat. It did the job of keeping the sun off but is still horrible.  It won't last the week in my possession.

Going downhill was easy enough with no thought of getting back... Loads of scenic views. Murder on ageing knees.

Lunch was by the replica of the Golden Hind in the harbour. A meal-deal from the Co-Op.

We took a walk around the harbour and the marina before turning back and climbing the hills back to the Garden House.

We all needed a sit down when we eventually got home. Reggie very tired!

Once they had gone we looked for a supermarket. Not much choice here but plenty in Paignton. So, we packed Reggie and stuff into the van with Morrison's the target. 

We found Lidl, then Aldi, and then Sainsbury's. As I wanted to but another pair of shorts to match the ones I am wearing, we went there. Sorry Morrison's.

Shorts that I wanted they didn't have. But food for the next few days they did. 

Amazingly we bought no alcohol. I find I can take it or leave it ..

We were back by 1645. Tried out the Nespresso machine. And then let Reggie sleep.

Tomorrow? Who knows.

Comments