SP18 - Tour de Extremadura - First Hotel Booked

With the Extremadura as the destination for some serious touristing I have booked the first night just short of the border from Castille.

A bit of luxury before we enter the "Frying Pan" of Spain.   The Parador at Oropesa.

I was looking last night and the Parador site has discounted rates for over 55's and in the Extremadura there are quite a few Paradors in the area.

Oddly, booking.com had a much cheaper rate than the official site. Even with the senior citizen discount the cheapest rate is non-refundable and was way more than the booking.com refundable price.  How? I have no idea.

The Parador's official booking site used to have a special "bulk" purchase rate. Something like four nights for the price of three or something along those lines.  Worth checking out.

I need to get the Rough Guide out to see what we can see in the area.

I have also bought a copy of the regional Michelin map #576. It covers Extremadura and across to Madrid and the east. Although I have the satnav it's good to have paper too.

Comments