FL19 - Disney

Yesterday the gout that had started in my right big toe here in 2017 raised its ugly head, or rather toe.

The trip to CVS secured some turmeric capsules and I took a couple a few hours apart. I awoke this morning with the swelling much reduced.

We had a short trip out to Disney Springs. I didn't want to spoil Claire's holiday but also didn't want to aggravate the gout. I might have got away with one ..

Parking in the Orange parking garage and then wandering to the lakeside. We spied the balloon. 

We don't go on much so after a coffee at Starbucks we went across. 

After a long wait they decided it was too windy to let it go up to the full 400ft and then closed completely. Luckily before we bought a ticket.

We decided to take a boat ride around Lake Buena Vista. Quite relaxing too.

Once we had done a circuit of the lake we exited towards the shops. In time for the Rainforest Café's volcano eruption. I managed to get two shots.

Then I espied the Orlando HD Shop. My ritual holiday T-shirt purchase was sooner than expected. Inside amongst hundreds of items from tees to bags to hip-packs to large luggage was an Easyrider bike.

Nice but impractical in reality. Imagine turning up at a Meldrews Breakfast meeting on that!

From here we set off for the car. My foot very painful I could hardly walk. I dialled in Publix on Vineland for some small items and we had lunch from McD.

As I write I have had some co-codamol and another turmeric to calm my foot down. 

Let's see how this plays out.

Comments