2021 - Germany?

Whilst I have in lockdown I have read more travel books than is healthy for one person. Not only that but a motorcycle magazine I subscribe to, as well as one I have let lapse, keep filling my had with places to go.

Claire is still keen on another cruise. Maybe a river cruise on the Danube or the Douro.  So that will most likely be a destination when I retire, or at least after 23rd December 2021! Being on a term-time-only contract at work means that I get school holidays, the same as the kids.  It also means that it's the most expensive time to have a vacation/holiday.  Cruising is no different coupled with fewer options in JulyAugust.  However, a pensioner can go any time.

So I am looking at places to go. I would prefer the bike, and actually put some miles on it, but I know Claire would prefer the car.

I plan for the bike and then give in to pressure to use the car.

At the moment I am looking at a youth hostel based trip across Germany to Berlin. I've picked some stops on the way out and have yet to think about coming back.

Comments