Staycation 2021 - Norfolk Day 3

Today's visit was to the National Trust site at Blickling Estate.

Nissan Connect claimed it was around 19.5 miles away but the cross country journey seemed more like 50. It took over an hour.

On arrival I found a good parking place. As it was grass with no marked spaces I did leave plenty of room to get the back door open to sort Reggie out.

We had a coffee whilst we perused the map.

Some areas are dog friendly and that includes both the café by the entrance and the Courtyard restaurant nearer the house.

We decided on the Lake Walk and set off. It says it's 1.9 miles but my phone registered that I walked 3.1 miles!

I brought the Nikon D50 with me. It's bulkier than a phone but generally takes good photos.

The walk is around the outside of the main house and garden. It's a little uneven in places. One stumble and I felt something rip. Yes. My shorts. Rent asunder around the undercarriage. 

After the walk we retired to the café and enjoyed a sausage roll with Reggie. Washed down with Lipton's Lemon Tea.

Rather than "enjoy" the country lanes on the way back I set the navigation for Aylsham Station.

This is the northernmost station on the Bure Valley Light Railway.

I wanted to see what it was like and maybe see the trains. On the platform were a couple of diesels.

Outside Claire took a picture of Reggie and Me.

I like heritage railways but Reggie doesn't.

From here we returned to Clinton Cottage but via the more major roads, A140 and A47, rather than the potholed back lanes. 

Once back it was time to sit in the garden with a book/kindle and a large mug of tea.

Tomorrow. Bressingham Gardens. Claire to meet her sister Sally for a wander about. The site looks positively dog unfriendly and despite another railway 🚂 museum I need to look for something Reggie and I can do....

Comments