Staycation - Matlock 2022

I have been looking for somewhere to go for Claire's birthday next year and then eh voila, a cottages.com email arrived. Black Friday!

Initially I looked at the south coast, Hampshire or maybe Dorset.  It's outside school half term holidays when prices rocket, but even so for a short break prices were silly money. I think that many owners are trying to get back what they lost during the lockdowns. I won't play that game.

So I expanded the search and thought about the Peak District and had a look. Even here there are Black Friday discounts. 

With the filters set for "dog friendly" and "enclosed garden/patio" there were very few options.  Individually there were quite a few but once both were entered, the choices became fewer and fewer.

I bookmarked a few places but in the end decided on The Stables near Matlock in Derbyshire! It's dog friendly so Reggie can come too. 

I need to plan  how to get there. We can't check in until 3pm in any case. 

Google has it about 236 miles door to approximately door. The farm where it's supposed to be didn't appear on Google but a pub with a similar name does.

My fingers will need to be crossed that the weather isn't too crap in February!! With global warming, it seems in UK we get colder wetter weather.

I've booked either side of her birthday so that we are there the day before and come home afterwards.  Not bad for about £45 a night.

It's only four nights! Hopefully the new variety of Covid that hit recently might not eff this up!!!

Comments