FL15 - Day 2 Part 2

The flight left a little late, but the different winds across the Atlantic meant that we arrived a few minutes early.

It had been okay, the meals about right and the seats not too uncomfortable.

Getting into the US is always fraught for me even with a ten year visa. In the end the wait in line for the finger print check was only about 45 minutes!

Next it was collect the car. Last year I was seduced at Alamo into having a Mustang instead of the Charger I wanted, this year I was determined to have an American car and stick to full-size. At National you pay for the group and go and pick one. The guy even tried to seduce me into another Mustang. My arguments about too hot for the lid down met with... I have a hard top you can have. I nearly swayed but the trunk is too small for two suitcases!!!!

In the end the Impalas had gone and we ended up with the Ford Fusion. It's okay but not as good looking as the Dodge or Chevy options.

TomTom fired up okay and we headed out into Florida in time for most people heading home after work.

The road to Clearwater goes across a causeway through the middle of the bay.



Mostly scenic!

TomTom took us straight to the hotel and check-in was quick and easy.

Our room is okay, the view obscured but okay from the door!




Once out of travel clothes we headed out for dinner.

Clearwater is 5 hours behind UK so although 7pm here it is midnight to us. Time for dinner.

We ate at local family restaurant. Very nice.

Then it was across the road to watch the sunset over the Gulf.

I took a few pictures on the D50.







Then as it by then 1.30am to us we had an early night.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments