AZ - T minus 3 days

The three days to departure and although we have everything in hand and I have pulled the cases and the computer bag from the loft, not much packing or sorting too place yesterday.  

After the experience of having a bag go missing two years ago, last year I wrote our surname on the bottom of the cases in indelible pen, and this year we are going to half and half pack them.  

After years of taking stuff for a 10000 mile round trip and never using it, this year I plan to be minimalist.  It's not as though there won't be a Walmart about for those Fruit of the Loom underpants we can't get in UK that fit my physique really well...... 

Plus I need space in one bag should I invest in a sissy-bar bag for the bike.  In the US the one I have been looking at is the same in dollars as it is in pounds in the UK.   Those suppliers that do have them on eBay want almost as much again to post to the UK.

I actually have a bag but it is very cheap and I got it even cheaper but it looks nasty and the fit isn't all that good.  

Next is to get some cash. I do like to arrive in a new country with a few of the local coinage on me to buy that first coffee or whatever before hitting the old credit card for most purchases. The exchange rate dipped over the weekend by a cent or so, not much, but annoying for some reason as I will get around $7 less for my money!

Today, I have been looking at the weather in Scottsdale and a few places along R66 and despite the "Lonely Planet" and "Rough Guides" books suggesting that May was a good time as it wasn't too hot must have not understood what that means.  Today at 7.35am it was already 75F and the high expected to be 93F. The fifteen day forecast peaks at 108F on June 6th.  Luckily by then we'll be in the relative cool of the Grand Canyon, where it is expected to be more like 80F!

So that's it. A test tun to find the kennel where Reggie will be holidaying proved we can find it again and I set it in Claire's car satnav, so I can find it on Wednesday.

And the clock is ticking....

Comments

Post a Comment