FL17 - Football vs Soccer?

When away from home I always have a look to see if there are any football (soccer to colonials) clubs nearby where I can visit and add another stadium to my bucket list.

I've been to games across Europe as a  neutral more times than I have been as an Arsenal supporter, in Scotland, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Italy and Spain. 

So as we will be based in Orlando for a week, I had a look and saw that Orlando City are playing at home and tickets at a very reasonable price. They use Ticketmaster which should be no problem except that it doesn't recognise my Ticketmaster login and so I had to create a new one.

On the other hand. Football of the NFL kind is played at Tampa Bay.  Logging onto their site was easy enough but tickets for the game on October 1st against the NY Giants started at $168 each.  What?   Isn't this the working man's game.   

So I decided to do the Orlando City visit at $36 each. Currently they are top of their division of the MLS and will play Dallas.  

It's what Ticketmaster call a "Go Mobile" ticket and how that works I need to research as in UK we can print off e-tickets for checking at the entry point.

Update 13/5/17

Since booking the tickets the Devall effect has come into play and Orlando have lost two away games (on the road as it is known as!). Oops.

Go Orlando! Go Lions!

Comments

  1. Football is big business (big money) in the USA and soccer not so popular. Maybe the tis why so many people just watch on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $168 for the cheapest ticket to the Buccs seems extraordinarily high. If it was a Superbowl contender maybe pay a bit more at the Pats but they aren't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment