FL17 - Orlando City SC - 55 West

By sheer fluke I went onto the Sunrail site to show someone at work how convenient it would be and that's when I noticed the "not weekends" banner.  I'd not seen it before!

With all the talk of pollution in the world having a light rail system that doesn't work at weekends and holidays seems like a very bad idea.  As I said that I pursed my lips and paused for effect.  :)

So it was back to the drawing board. Parking!

In the end I got onto the City of Orlando local government site and found the parking they control. I had emailed a while back as to book online it needed a US address and phone number, or at at least one that would wedge into the pre-formatted boxes on the web page. They suggested using the resort address and phone.  So I have. MasterCard seems to have accepted my new temporary Kissimmee address.

In the end it was $11 and I have a pdf with a ticket to print out and put in the car window. The route from the hotel and then back to the resort is in the satnav already, or will be when I get home tonight.

There are a few toll roads in the Orlando area and I have used Tyre to plan all the routes I need. Hopefully, with an internet connection to my phone, when on the ground in Florida, I'll be able to use the TomTom MyDrive app to load routes up on the 410.  I must remember to set the default routing to "avoid toll roads".

Comments

  1. Why the heck would they not run the rail on weekends. Sometimes our country makes no sense. Sure not as efficient as it could be. Glad you got it sorted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment