FL17 - Places to go

"How can you go to Orlando and not go to Disney?"  A frequent question when I say that although we love Florida we haven't been to Orlando before and don't really enjoy theme parks.  

That's not strictly true. I have been to Orlando before, back in 1991. Back then a friend and I drove up from Miami and stayed in a hotel on International Drive for a couple of nights in December.  We did Epcot and Universal Studios.  I have photos somewhere!  

On the way back we called in at what was then called "Spaceport USA", at Kennedy Space Center.   We didn't have much time and had to be back in Miami so Carol could go to work the next day.

I really enjoyed Epcot. Okay, you got to ride about but none of the high jinx of the other parks and none of the queues. Plus the fireworks at night are fantastic.

So this year. On the top of my list are Epcot and Kennedy. I'll start the ticket hunt soon. Not wanting a 14-day family ticket seems to be a problem for the ticket agencies!!

Onwards and upwards.

Comments

  1. I've never been to either, but they'd be my choice too over a standard Disney Park. Both are education which I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment