FR18 - Armistice Day

This trip has been on the back burner for a while and I waited until I had something concrete to write about.

November 11th 2018 is the centenary of the formal ending of the First World War and there has been very little written about what commemorations there will be. I saw a note on one of the battlefield travel tour operators for a trip to the Somme that included either a visit to Thiepval or to the Australian monument at Villers Brettoneux.

I checked with the British Legion and they didn't seem to know anything about organised event at Thiepval at this time.

I took a punt and checked out the Aussie sites and found that they were taking applications for ticket and so I filled in the forms for Claire and myself.  At the moment it looks like we have been successful and accepted.. So need to wait a while before booking anything...

Oh. I forgot. I have booked the hotel we always stay in at Amiens....

Comments