??19 - Where to?

Being stuck with school holidays, and being told by our manager to be "more creative" when looking for somewhere to go doesn't really help. All the other "creative" types are also looking and on top of that, airlines and resorts are adept at pricing their flights and accommodation at a premium to catch the people with kids.... and us silly bastards that work in the Education field.

So I am currently looking for places to go where the airfare won't be too terrible and the timeshare "points" will get us a couple of weeks away.

Europe apart from Hungary and Finland is way too expensive.  Airfares are about 35-50% of the US fares and for around 25-30% the distance at most.

As for RCI. the weekly points costs in Europe is way too high. All the places we have stayed at in the Florida or Arizona have been way less than the shittiest place in Spain.

Once again it is a weigh-up job.  Higher airfare to the US but cheaper when you get there, unless that nice Mr Trump keeps piling on the tariffs and a trade war breaks out across the globe.

I am currently looking at Las Vegas. Not that I want to spend two weeks there, heaven forbid, but for the exchange fee it does make for a base to use once the glitter of the strip has faded. 

I have found a really cheap (I can't believe it's true) airfare (wait until I book it!) to LAX. Okay there's a drive up I15 to Sin City but that will be part of the holiday.  I'm sure the freeways of LA are simply marvellous.

So let's see where this takes us.


Comments