NL18-B Assen BSB

The trip is getting closer. Hopefully not travelling at a weekend on the Eurotunnel Shuttle  might mean that we don't get the ridiculous delays that I had on Saturday coming back from Belgium on Saturday.

Delays in both ways but the return was ridiculous.  Not so much the breakdown but the lack of information and disregard for the paying customers.

The bright spot is that the tickets are in the post and should be with us in a few days. I can give Neill his and he can decide what his travel plans are. I expect on his "Ginny" her will make better progress than we will in the car.

The Insignia has a range of about 650 miles on a full tank of filthy disgusting child poisoning polluting  (TM anti car groups) diesel so with it topped up before we get on the Shuttle, we should easily make it to the hotel near Assen with plenty to spare.  Depending on the € price per litre I might have to splash and dash instead of a full tank fill-up.

The best UK mpg I have ever had was 47 back in June 2017.  Hopefully once on the motorway/freeways in Europe I can see if I can better that!

Comments