FL19 - TomTom and Parking etc

My list of things to do before we go is one less item shorter after today.

ESTA/VISA -check
Travel Insurance - check
Apartments booked - check
Flights booked - check
Hotel night before fly - check
Hotel in Miami - check
TomTom sorted - check
Airport parking - check
Car Rental in FL - 


I have decided to have a look at getting some routes planned to get from airport to hotel and to and from the different resorts that we are staying in.

With the TomTom maps getting bloated again there wasn't enough internal storage to get the UK & Europe maps and the USA maps on together.  So I had to buy a new micro SD camera for the Canon 1100D and then I could use the 32gb from there in the TomTom.  The new one was 64GB that should mean a few thousand pix!  The counter on the top of the camera body stops at 9999.

The last time I tried it the whole unit froze but this time it simply asked to format the card and it works.  I deleted the USA maps from internal and re-installed to the SD card.  There was no copy or move option.  I can switch from one map to the other quickly to check that the imported routes are working. I am using MyRouteApp to create them (and send to My Drive)  since Tyre was ruined when it stopped using Google Maps.

So far I have routes from the airport to the first overnight hotel.  I expect it will be dark.  I hope it is not pouring with rain as it was in September 2017 when we arrived in Orlando. Dark and wet in the aftermath of a couple of hurricanes. Then from there to Orlando and another back to Weston.  I will use the My Drive app on the phone to plan ad-hoc and local trips and these can be sent straight to the TomTom from my phone.

What else? I booked the hotel before we fly out months ago. One we have stayed in before. It was okay, nothing too spectacular. And so we need to park the car at or near the airport.


After reading  a few review pages I have booked DriveFly's airport parking.  Although we arrive back mid-afternoon on Saturday I decided to book the Meet & Greet at Heathrow Terminal 2.

The last time we came back into Heathrow the traffic around the area was terrible on a Friday and by the time we got to the car at Purple Parking in Southall and home on the M25 it was almost five hours after landing!! It's about 110 miles from parking to home!

Hopefully although a few pounds more the Meet and Greet, and it is a Saturday, we can get away quickly and get home the same day!


All that is left is to plan trips at both locations and of course, the dreaded car hire!



Comments