FR19 - Vercors Alpes - Inward

With the MyRouteApp (MRA)  window open and alongside it Booking.com I have started to work out a route back from the Vercors. I have left it in the base mode and so it will pick up the fastest route.  I can set the "no tolls" option on the TomTom on the day of travel if I want to .

I don't usually plan fuel stops but given the plan is to go by bike and realistically butt ache and fuel become more important after 150 miles (Pepé's range is about 180 to 200 miles)  and that some of the routes are looking a little bereft of waypoints for petrol/gas stations I have used the "zoom in" and "PO"I for fuel in MRA more extensively that ever before.

If in the end we go by car (Corsa or Insignia) both have a far greater range that the bike.  I can more than likely remove the fuel stop waypoints.  Insignia has a cruising range of about 600 miles to the tank and for peace of mind I tend to fill up when the gauge gets towards a quarter full. 

In fact, the entire route at the moment is based on us going on the bike. If we end up in the car, then it gives us maybe more time at the overnight stops to tourist a bit.  

On the way out we have stops in Reims (champagne etc), Mâcon (wine) and Valence (?) before we get to the Vercors itself.  I have booked two nights there. The area is full of places to go like grottes and views, plus the roads that attracted me in the first place.  

So to the way back.

From Chapelle en Vercors I had a look at basically going north, kind of straight upwards.  This would slide past Geneva and then along the Rhine towards Germany.  I knocked that out and decided to head north-west and then turning upwards towards Paris.  A first overnight in Vichy (spa town) and then Melun (?) to the south-east of Paris itself.  This gives a final day of getting to the Tunnel.  



Of course, we hope that Brexit won't have seen it filled in! There is always the ferry.....


Comments