FL19 - Homeday

Late up. Why? At 4am I woke up wondering where I had put the DriveFly receipt for our car at Heathrow. Panic!

It was in my backpack.

With a late departure we had a run out to get some vittels for the plane, and some US biscuits (it's kinda traditional) to take to work. I opted for Nutter Butter. You can't make that up.

We were packed up and the car loaded to check out before 6pm.

TomTom brought us right to the Dollar check-in. I remembered to fuel up this time. At $2.659 a US gallon. It worked out at about 31 mpg (US gals)  for the last tank fill-up we bought in Marathon on Tuesday.

Start mileage
End Mileage

In the end we covered 1158 miles in the two weeks.  Not bad really.

The car was rented on a full to full basis and judging how much to prepay was always guesswork. I usually slightly under guessed but this time I need to be more spot-on.

I can't be to peed off that when collected it was one bar from full and we took it back full!

So here I am whiling away the last hour and a bit nearer to Gate F19. All checked in.

Loads of bloody kids!!!!

Comments