GB19 - Three go to Devon

The final payment has to be made by today so I did it yesterday. 

The three of us will have a week holiday in the UK instead of the planned trip to France.

Now I have made the payment I have the full address so I can refine the routes I have planned for getting us down there. Rather than a vague area. I can also see what there is to visit locally. Places where Reggie will be as welcome as we are. 

To ensure that we have a good start I have also booked a Days Inn motel part way along the journey. As the journey takes us on the M25 around the south of London and the nightmare it can be in a car on a Friday morning I decided to book an overnight stop on the Thursday evening at Fleet in Hampshire.  

It's not scenic. A chain hotel on a motorway/freeway service area. As long as there is a bed and somewhere for Reggie to pee etc. then that's all we need. 

We can set off in the morning and hopefully miss the motorway rush hour.

My current route down there includes a stop at Stourhead. A historic house.  Reggie can't go in the garden but we can have a pee break for all three of us!! And a top up.

We also pass Stonehenge. Could we stop? No. It's too far to walk and it is not dog friendly. 

The stones are in the middle of a huge field that is fenced off from where the public are allowed. Seems very unreasonable.

Food for thought. I have no more days off now until the end of the summer term and so my focus will be on work and then this trip. Okay you know me. I'll be looking for 2020...

Comments