SP20 - España por favor - Flights

We have a timeshare week to use by the end of 2020!




When we went to Florida at Easter we used up the 2018/2019 "banked weeks" with RCI. Every year we have another week to use. Until I retire there is no chance of us being able to go to there to the resort where  I "own" a week in Tenerife.

I know it's not as exotic as Florida or the Caribbean but for an Easter break it will do us fine.

I am still looking on the RCI website for a resort to book but as flights were relatively cheap I have booked British Airways return to Alicante. I used TravelUp as we have used them before and they have always been efficient and cheaper than most oters, si I guess they trim their commission.

I had looked at Malaga but for a two and a half hour flight it was around half the price of a nine hour flight to Miami! A fare of £350 each to Malaga is simply a joke.

I chose to go on the Friday and so we'll need a hotel.  As we don't arrive until about 8pm local time and then get the car, I booked a Smart Four or similar, it will be around 9pm before we get away.  The hotel is between the airport and the city.

I have been to Alicante a few times and have had the "experience" of the bus station in the city and the bus across to Murcia on a few occasions.

Like all cities, the train and bus stations do attract a certain clientele!




Comments