RT20 - Days 9/10/12

Day 9 has changed. It was formerly the day we drove up from Lucca to Como. 

I wanted to squeeze in a trip to Bologna. So I did. The journey is only around 85 miles toll-free. The hotel is walking distance to the centre and the station.

This means that I had to shuffle the proceeding stops on a day. As I found out previously, the booking assistant at booking.com couldn't do a change of date for Como.

So to add a day meant cancelling all the stays and rebooking them a day later!

I was able to sort out Como. Although on the booking site there were only two rooms left. Booked.

Day 10 will be the drive up from Bologna to Como. I had planned to squeeze in a visit to the Moto Guzzi museum but it is closed all off August from the 3rd onwards! 

Instead there is Modena. 

  • The Enzo Ferrari Casa and Museum
  • The Panini car museum
  • The Stanguellini car museum
  • The Maserati Show Room
And a little further away, Lamborghini.

So many supercars!
What had been Day 11 has become Day 12. I had a look at the passes...

The Nufenen Pass is the highest paved pass in Switzerland. It would be a chance not to be wasted.

The added mileage and zigzag around means the Gotthard will have to be forfeited.

So I have given up the Black Forest exit route and we will instead head east to Fribourg. It is still in Switzerland. I have booked an Ibis Budget. As an overnight it should be okay.

From there it is about 590 miles home taking the non-toll route. 

So that's the next stage.


Comments