Road Trip 2020 - RT20

Well, that's it for now. Planning the overall route at least.  I have hotels booked on booking.com with the "free cancellation" and "no prepayment" option.  

I have roughly mapped out a complete route but this doesn't take into account the waypoints that each days route has coded in to ensure we go the way we want!



As far a Point 3 I have left toll roads switched on and so it will add to the trip cost it will mean we get the first long day over reasonably quickly between 1 and 2. From there it is no tolls from 3 to 6.

Points 6 to 7 are currently set to no toll.  The road seems to parallel the toll motorway for the entire 225 miles.

The Insignia currently has a range of about 650 miles in my day to day running.  With the first few days being motorway I hope to extend that when I can set the cruise control!

Later in the year I will start to scope out the cost of a crossing to France.

I expect we will take the Shuttle option simply as it is quicker. Well, quicker as long as there aren't any breakdowns or cancellations! That can be paid with Tesco Clubcard points.

This year as a one-off I signed up for the RAC also using Clubcard points to pay all but a few pounds of the cost. This will enable us to have European Breakdown cover for the trip as well as being covered at home in the UK.

Without any side trips, the total mileage calculated by MyRouteApp is 2105.


Comments