Where to go in 2021?

Judging by the reports in the mainstream media it seems that since we have begun to roll out the vaccines against Covid-19 to about a sixth of the UK population (although that proportion is greater once you remove kids who won't get it) people have started booking holidays/vacations abroad and also in the UK!

This seems madly premature, but if there are refund guarantees I suppose people want to feel there is an end to it.

So for me/us. Where to go? All the planning I did last year for the trip to France/Italy and Switzerland is still there and loaded into the TomTom. It would just be a matter of checking what I wrote on the blog and re-book where I can.

Instead with all the scenic railways I have been looking at on the TV programme "World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys" some of them look worth a visit and would be less of a major trek. Okay we have the choice of two cars and two  motorcycles,  but the latter though my favourite is ruled out as Claire won't go on it any more.

If I was to plan something new I think it would be to France. Maybe the Auvergne region where we have passed through before. Maybe a Gîte or apartment....

Perhaps I'll get busy on the internet and see what the chances are.....  ;)

Or simply stay at home.

Comments